On Feb. 8, UIC Police received a report that a person, who is not affiliated with UIC, was the victim of sexual abuse by a known acquaintance. The victim reported that the incident occurred at approximately 8 p.m. on Feb. 7 in a dorm room at 718 W. Rochford St. The alleged offender is described as a male, Hispanic, 19 years old and 6’ tall.
UIC Police will lead the investigation. Anyone with information should call 312-996-2830.
Approximate crime location mapped:
UIC Police offer the following security tips:
- Report crime promptly to police.
- To contact the UIC Police, call 312-355-5555 for emergencies or 312-996-2830 for non-emergencies.
- For confidential counseling, contact Counseling Services at 312-996-3490 for students; and Employee Assistance Service at 312-996-3588 for faculty and staff.
- Any student, staff or faculty member at UIC who experiences sexual assault, domestic/dating violence or stalking can access free, anonymous and confidential services by calling the Campus Advocacy Network (CAN) at 312-413-8206.
- For additional information on reporting an incident of sexual misconduct, visit http://oae.uic.edu/sexual-misconduct/report-an-incident/
Public safety advisories are distributed to the university community in compliance with the federal Clery Act. UIC Police may also issue notifications for off-campus crimes in the interest of public-safety awareness. Security tips are standard precautions, not special or incident-specific measures. Offender descriptions and precise locations are provided only to aid in the identification of possible suspects. Updates to investigations are not sent by email but will be posted online at: https://emergency.uic.edu/public-safety-advisory/
UIC Annual Security Report
Chicago Police Department Crime Incidents
Urgent notifications may be sent via both INSTANT TEXT MESSAGE (SMS) and URGENT mass e-mails. SMS messages — issued only in cases of immediate threat to health and safety, such as a tornado alert, or a major disruption to travel — are faster and more reliable than e-mail. The campus strongly recommends that you register your cell phone for SMS messages at http://sms.uic.edu