In an emergency go to the UIC Alerts tab for ongoing communications
- To summon Police or Fire for any on-campus emergency, call 5-5555 “Five Fives for Help.” Phone stickers are available from the UIC Police.
- Set up the complete number, 312-355-5555, on speed-dial on your cell phone.
- More than 1,300 emergency call boxes are on campus. A red button activates an alarm and flashing light and immediately connects you to UIC Police. Spot the phone locations as you make your way around campus.
- Safety tips
- Subscribe your cell phone to receive text message alerts. An immediate SMS text alert will be sent in case of a serious crime in progress, a weather emergency, or other urgent situation. Log in to sms.accc.uic.edu from any computer to subscribe.
- Call the UIC Hotline at 312-413-9696. In addition to emergency information, the hotline will alert you to building closures or class relocations.
- Watch your UIC email account for UIC Alert email messages.
- Subscribe to our urgent/emergency RSS feed.
Update your emergency contact information
- To update emergency contacts, go to my.UIC. Under the Academics tab, select Registration, enter Student Self-Service, select Personal Information, and then select Emergency Contacts.
- If you have questions about loading an Emergency Contact in Banner Student Self-Service, you can contact the Registration Help Line at 312-996-8600, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.