UIC ALERT: Due to winter weather conditions in the Chicago area, the UIC campus in Chicago, including the John Marshall Law School, will close non-essential operations today at 4 p.m. and will delay the opening of non-essential operations Tuesday, Feb. 16, until noon. Exceptions to the early closure and delayed opening include:
- In-person classes scheduled during this time will not take place but may move to online learning, if feasible. Check with instructors for up-to-date information.
- Classes and campus activities currently scheduled to be held online this afternoon and tomorrow before noon will continue as planned.
- On-campus saliva testing will remain open until 5 p.m. today and will delay the start of normal operations until noon Tuesday. Individuals who have a morning appointment on Tuesday, Feb. 16, will be able to reschedule their appointment for later in the afternoon or visit walk-in testing as available.
- Employees working in essential function areas such as snow removal, patient care and hospital operations will continue normal operations during inclement weather and will not be affected by the change in operations. Employees coming to campus may wish to park in parking structures to allow for snow removal on surface parking lots.
- The University of Illinois Hospital and Clinics will continue to operate normally. Mile Square Health Center locations (Mile Square Main, South Shore, Back of the Yards, Cicero, Englewood, Humbolt Park and South Shore) will continue normal operations today and tomorrow.
- UIC Dental Clinics will continue normal operations today and tomorrow.
- Clinical activities, including educational activities in the health sciences colleges, will continue as scheduled today and tomorrow.
- COVID-19 vaccinations at the College of Pharmacy and Credit Union 1 Arena will remain open for appointments today until 5:30 p.m., however, anyone with a morning appointment is encouraged to reschedule later in the week.
- Campus residential housing will continue normal operations, including food service.
- Activities at UIC regional campuses in Peoria, Quad Cities, Rockford, Springfield and Urbana will be determined based on local weather conditions and any operational updates will be communicated by the colleges in those locations.
For more information on weather-related policies, go to: https://vcas.uic.edu/extreme-weather-emergency-conditions.
Updates will be provided to the campus as needed via UIC ALERT e-mail, sms text messaging to subscribed mobile phones, the UIC.edu website and social media.
For the latest forecast information, visit http://www.weather.gov/chicago.