UIC ALERT: Non-essential operations and in-person classes at the UIC campus in Chicago, including the John Marshall Law School, are canceled today and will reopen Wednesday, Feb. 17. The campus is working to clear more than 18 inches of snow from building entrances, streets, sidewalks and parking lots across the campus. Priority for snow and ice removal is always given to the hospital and ambulatory care areas, ADA entrances and parking spaces for persons with disabilities, emergency routes, and public walkways.
- In-person classes scheduled today will not take place on campus but may be moved online at the instructor’s discretion. Check with instructors for up-to-date information.
- Online classes will continue as planned.
- Employees who can perform their jobs remotely should do so.
- On-campus saliva testing will be closed today and will reopen Wednesday. Individuals who have appointments today should reschedule or visit walk-in testing later in the week.
- Employees working in essential function areas such as snow removal, patient care and hospital operations will continue normal operations during inclement weather and are not affected by the change in operations. Employees coming to campus may wish to park in parking structures to allow for snow removal on surface parking lots.
- The University of Illinois Hospital and Clinics will continue to operate normally. Mile Square Health Center locations (Mile Square Main, South Shore, Back of the Yards, Cicero, Englewood, Humbolt Park and South Shore) may have reduced hours or closures today; please check with individual locations.
- UIC Dental Clinics will continue normal operations today.
- Clinical activities, including educational activities in the health sciences colleges, will continue as scheduled today.
- COVID-19 vaccinations at the College of Pharmacy and Credit Union 1 Arena are open for appointments today, however, anyone with an appointment is encouraged to reschedule later in the week.
- Campus residential housing will continue normal operations, including food service.
- Activities at UIC regional campuses in Peoria, Quad Cities, Rockford, Springfield and Urbana will be determined based on local weather conditions and any operational updates will be communicated by the colleges in those locations.
For more information on weather-related policies, go to: https://vcas.uic.edu/extreme-weather-emergency-conditions.
Updates will be provided to the campus as needed via UIC ALERT e-mail, sms text messaging to subscribed mobile phones, the UIC.edu website and social media.
For the latest forecast information, visit http://www.weather.gov/chicago.